You spend around 1/3 of your life in bed.. mattress shopping can be tedious; here are a few tips to make your shopping experience help benefit your sleeping experience.
1. Do a little research. We found a great and very in depth blog post here from JenReviews - If your last mattress purchase was a decade ago, or even 5 years ago...much has changed! There are many websites that have a great deal of information. A great one is http://www.sleeplikethedead.com/
Also nothing can replace the knowledge someone with experience can give. Go out and find a local store with a salesperson that has been in the industry for a while, and just ask some questions. With so much marketing-the mattress business can be tricky to wade through. If you are in the Farmington area feel free to stop by and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
2. Choose a reputable dealer. With very lax enforcement / or lack of laws against selling used bedding in many states-the chances of something being to good to be true...are very high. Some stores advertise "name brands up to XX% off." Well it sounds good to save 80% from a "regular" price...but there is always a catch. All modern mattress factories use just in time supply..in other words they don't have stacks and stacks of extra mattresses sitting around waiting to be sold. What they may have stacks and stacks of sitting around are warranty returns, department store floor models, and comfort trial returns. There are brokers that buy these returns from the factory at a very steep discount, (they are USED) and resell them to "discount" stores that can market them however they want to. They call them "factory overruns" , "factory overstock"...anything but what they are-USED MATTRESSES. If when shopping you are buying the exact same model you are trying out chances are it is not new- at the least it is a floor model that others have laid on. An authorized dealer for a big brand will have or can order brand new models of the one you are trying out on the showroom floor. One BIG clue is the law label tag, if it is missing, no question it is a warranty or comfort return...it has been in someone else's home and slept on. It is fine if you go into the purchase knowing you are buying a used bed, to be lied to is a whole other thing. At BedRooms Plus if we have a comfort return we offer it as such, and warranty returns go back to the factory. We feel it is sad to say buyer beware about our industry-but go with your gut. If it is too good to be true....it probably is.
3. Get comfortable. When trying out a mattress lie down in your normal sleeping posture, close your eyes, and try to feel what you like or dislike about the mattress you are on. Telling your sales person your likes and dislikes can help them determine where to go on the next "rest test." Nothing can replace the experience of testing a mattress out for yourself. If you purchase a mattress on the internet-chances are good you may not be satisfied the first or second time. Your investment of time and effort is best suited to find a store near you.
4. Consider the size of mattress you need. If you have a partner that requires a large space to sleep, or you sleep by yourself. Buy the largest size you can accommodate. Comfort is more that your selected firmness.
5. Healthy sleep is just that- and if health is a top priority for you then you might consider a mattress protector purchase along with your mattress. Dust mites and bacteria can be washed off of a quality mattress protector-and keep your new mattress as healthy as possible. If you do not use a protector the mattress can become a breeding ground for many allergens.
6. Consider your options. A reputable dealer will have delivery available, comfort trials available, and depending on laws in the state they do business in may offer old mattress removal. If all sales are final, no refunds, no exchange, then that store does not have an interest in you getting a better night's sleep-their interest is selling as much as possible at your expense.
We hope when you are in the market for a quality mattress you will shop BedRooms Plus-In the heart of Farmington-Downtown!
When you are out shopping for a new mattress the choices can seem endless. Then with the addition of power bases the choice may seem overwhelming. When you shop at BedRooms Plus rest assured that our attentive and knowledgeable sales staff can help you wade through the many choices you have. It is a fact that a new, comfortable mattress can change your life. Rest and rejuvenation helps your body restore itself- your body is amazing. We have identified some of the ways an adjustable power base can make your new mattress help your body.
A new mattress choice can be greatly enhanced by pairing it with one of our adjustable power bases. Anything that helps your body: maintain healthy posture, correctly supports, offers pressure relief, promotes better circulation, and makes it easier to breathe is going to go a long way in helping your body get true-restorative sleep.
These quick facts will make your next mattress / power base shopping experience a bit easier and we hope to see you at BedRooms Plus- In the Heart of Farmington-DOWNTOWN!
5 Tips When Buying Bedroom Furniture in Farmington, NM
When you’re looking for great quality bedroom furniture there’s no better place to go than BedRooms Plus in Downtown Farmington. For over 24 years BedRooms Plus has been offering great values on quality bedroom furniture from reputable companies that stand behind u- so we can stand behind you! There are many choices out there- and we have seen over the years that these 5 tips can help you sort through the endless sea of options.
These tips will make your bedroom furniture shopping experience a bit easier and we hope to see you at BedRooms Plus- In the Heart of Farmington-DOWNTOWN!